Monday, July 18, 2005

Dancin' and Campin' and an old ladies digestive system

My two youngest are happily exhausted. It seems that Savannah danced and stretched for 3 hours straight, and Jackson swam, crafted, ate, and listened to "some guy dressed up like Noah tell us his story". Also, the poor unsocialized little things each made a new friend today. So, all is well. The only other thing that I was able to wrestle out of Jackson was that he almost missed the bus home, and that he found the coveted red sticker under his plate at lunch which meant that he won the mother of all camp prizes: a popsicle. Woo-hoo!!

I had the unparalleled joy of having Savannah and Austin accompany me grocery shopping today. This was so different than having Jack along too. You see, jack is the life of the party wherever he goes, so just having the other two was different. They were so funny. No, I mean really, it was a good time. They were cutting up in that way that only young teens can do. When they weren't laughing AT me, they were making me laugh. Ahhhh.....a sense of humor....you can't teach that my friends......thank goodness they all have a good sense of humor. For instance, they found it insanely funny that a little old lady stopped me in the organic cereal section to discuss all of her various ailments, including that the "whole flax seed just runs STRAIGHT (motion with the hand here) thru me." But, being the good kids that they are, they waited till we left the store before they began the playback and laughter. Does that sound cruel and unfeeling? I hope not, because we derive a considerable amount of our joy from things like this. I swear folks I could have a reality T.V. show. Oh, the funny, funny things that would be on that show.... (insert dreamy music). If there can be a show called Jackass, could I have a show called Dumbass?? (Sorry Mom) Now, I'm not saying that I'd put the little old lady on my show, Dumbass. Oh no, I mean give a me a break, I DO have some discretion.

Here is a scary thing that happened today. I was looking at the carpet, and thinking, "Man, I really should vaccume. When did I vaccume last? Wait. WHERE IS the vaccume?" That's as far as I got. I was distracted. Sad, but true. I am no domestic goddess. There, I said it.

So, Em took the tag challenge,too. Way to go Em, loved it. You should check it out over at Me and the Guys. (How do y'all do that link thing?)My other sister, who shall remain nameless has not updated her blog in ever so long.

And lastly tonight, I'm sendin' out a little love to Em, who is remodeling their one and only bathroom...WITH her husband. They're not sure that the marriage will hold. ;-)

G'night,
Melissa

4 comments:

Emily said...

OH MAN!! The flaxseed lady reminded me of the time Donnetta (our young cousin) who was around 9 at the time and I were playing Uno at the Cafe. Thomasina was waiting tables. There were 2 little old ladies from our church sitting in the booth next to us. As they tried to scoot out of the booth the eldest lady passed gas REALLY REALLY loud! I immediately met eyes with my young cousin. I gave her a look that said "WAIT UNTIL THEY MAKE IT OUT THE DOOR!!" Then we all three fell on the floor laughing!
Ah yes, the humor of gas and bodily functions, it's universal.

melissa said...

Ahhhh...the stories that we could all tell from working within our fathers enterprises. Too Funny!

Bridget said...

It sounds like the kids are having a good time at camp.I always loved camp (except those damn collottes).
Bridget

Thom said...

"Dumbass". Yeh, I'd definitely watch that. Let me know when filming for the pilot has wrapped up.

I think I met that same lady(digestive system gal) at Walmart yesterday.Her diatribe for me was about wrinkle releaser sprays. Just fascinating. Really.